Darwin Morning Tour
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Darwin , NT
- Product code: DMT
Half-day tours available all year round.
Availability depends on the Owner Operators other job roster. I update the booking calendar as soon as the roster for the next eight weeks is released. I appreciate that some people like to book months in advance, I apologise if my schedule does not show any availability during your visit to Darwin. Please check about 2 weeks prior to your trip as my availability should be updated by that time. Failing that please feel free to contact me and I will see what I can do.
This tour is a great way to get an overview of Darwin, see the highlights and get some local advice on places to eat and visit.
On this tour you can learn about:
- the Darwin Rebellion,
- Bombing of Darwin,
- the Waterfront,
- WW2 Oil Tunnels,
- why we don’t feed the possums at the Deckchair Cinema,
- Stuart Park, Parap, Fannie Bay,
- Mangrove Board Walk and East Point (if we have time),
- Botanical Gardens,
- Mindil Beach,
- Myilly Point and
- the Esplanade.
Meet your guide at 8.00am on the Esplanade across the road from the Mantra Hotel (corner of Esplanade and Peel Street)
The main feature of this tour is an overview of the sights, history and culture of Darwin.
Tour finishes at 11.30pm back at the start point. Bookings are essential.
Note: It may be possible to start your tour from your hotel if you are the only booking – with prior arrangement – please message or call to discuss 0487 453 488.
Saturday morning. tours usually include a visit the Parap Village Markets where you can sample tropical fruits, drink excellent coffee or experience an award winning Laksa if you want to.
When you book please select the correct size bike for your height. We have four sizes to choose from, mens and Unisex
- Local Guide
- Bike – Avanti Discovery 1 (21 speed hybrid bikes), Large, Medium and Small size bikes are available
- Helmet and
- Bottled water
- Cafe food and drinks
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Maximum age: 70 years
- Minimum height: 5 feet (150cm)
- Every tour is slightly different. Much of it depends on the weather, traffic and the riders themselves. Unless you book a private tour, meaning no-one from another group is on the tour with you, the route and distance is determined by the slowest rider. The safety of all riders is the highest priority. Darwin Bike Tours apologies in advance if you book a tour expecting to go a long distance and see many things and the tour turns out to be a shorter distance or a slower pace than you expected. If you want to guarantee your own pace and distance you could look at booking a private tour